the Best Practices for a Business Blog

Best Practices for a Business Blog

the Best Practices for a Business Blog


Blogging isn’t as easy as it sounds. You can’t just sit down, write content, put it on your blog, and hope it explodes. It takes networking, interactions, and strategy to get it in front of a larger audience. Here are five best blogging practices for marketing and growing your business blog:


1. Post Consistently

It’s okay if you aren’t blasting out 5-10 posts per week. That can be hard to do, especially if there’s only one person writing the posts. Set a posting schedule that you can keep up with. Maybe it’s twice a week – Mondays and Thursdays. If you can push more content out, great! The key is to post consistently so your readers know what to expect.


You should aim to post at least once per week though so that readers can find fresh content on your site frequently.


2. Quality over Quantity

There’s not much point in posting content if nobody is going to read it. For the sake of quality, post less often if necessary so that the content you do send out is read. Google likes quality and unique content. Taking the time to write solid posts will not only make your readers love you, but will likely rank your posts higher in organic searches on Google!


“When creating content, keep the 80/20 rule in mind at all times – 80% of your content should be helpful and educative, while the other 20% can be greater related to product and company promotion.”


3. SEO is Key

Not only in the title and meta description of your post, but throughout your post as well. Specifically at the top since that’s what Google reads first. Don’t spam your post with keywords, but bring up the keys points of your post at the top and try to include relevant keywords where they fit. Utilizing SEO throughout each post will help Google pick them up.


4. Share Share Share

What good is your content if nobody sees it? It’s up to you to share the content of your blog! Social media is a great way to reach out to your customers and let them know about it. Commenting on other blogs, and sometimes linking them to relevant posts on your page can bring traffic as well. Don’t become that guy that links to their blog with every comment though. It hurts your credibility.


You can also try to make blogging agreements with other bloggers, mentioning their company in your blog and vice versa. This puts you in front of new email lists.


5. Guest Posts

You can write guest posts for other blogs, big or small, and have the potential to capture some of that audience. Accepting guest posts for your blog is great too as that motivates the guest to share the post as well! Just make sure those guest posts align with the content of your blog, and that you make sure the quality is consistent with the content you’ve already put out there (or better!). 


Blogging has proven to be an effective way to raise brand awareness and gather a following for your business. If you’re providing your audience with quality content on a consistent basis, and doing your part in making sure they see it, it will be beneficial to you.

Verified Ratings and Reviews
Transform Your Business

  • Shopper Approved Golden Star Drive More Visibility, Traffic, and Sales
  • Shopper Approved Golden Star Collect up to 10x More Reviews
  • Shopper Approved Golden Star Get More Trusted, Verified Reviews
  • Shopper Approved Golden Star Display More 5-Star Reviews in More Places
  • Shopper Approved Golden Star Improve Your ROAS
Shopper Approved Request Info button
Shopper Approved Official Icon

by Shopper Approved Team

Shopper Approved Team

Connect with  

Transform Your
Business Today

Choose an option below
5 minute Demo - Play Button
Watch Highlights Video

Here's a quick, powerful feature reel you can share with your peers.

Request Info Button
Request More Info

Ask us any questions, or request more info on our products and solutions.

30 Day Trial Button
Free 30-Day Trial

Start collecting amazing customer ratings and reviews right now.

Shopper Approved - Google Review Partner, Inc. 500, BBB Accredited Business, G2,Capterra Shopper Approved - Google Review Partner, Inc. 500, BBB Accredited Business, G2,Capterra
Trust Guard Security Scanned